Full Stack Software Engineer
Engineering | Montreal, Quebec
PaymentPin, launched in 2004, is an industry leader in micro-payment solutions. We provide high-level software development capabilities and specialize in mobile payment processing and custom developement.
PaymentPin offers a fast-paced, challenge-packed working environment staffed with engineers from top companies. We are looking for a versatile Intermediate/Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our close-knit engineering team. In addition to an ability to deliver delightful user interfaces, the ideal candidate will be equally passionate about building elegant APIs to drive those interfaces. In this role, you will create exciting new experiences for our users by guiding the development of flexible and scalable front-end systems. If you relish solving hard problems and having the fruits of your labors used by millions of people around the world, we want to hear from you. You bring the brains, hard work and enthusiasm and we'll provide the pizza.
- Work with product and design teams to take mockups, wireframes, and screenshots and turn them into elegant standards compliant, functional user interfaces.
- Interact with cross functional engineering teams to architect and develop scalable and flexible front-end UI/UE on top of highly scalable service oriented architecture.
- Migrate legacy code to take advantage of modern internal APIs.
- Contribute to design and development efforts on all levels of the application stack (with a middle-tier implemented in Java.)
- You are highly motivated and maintain a positive, 'can-do' attitude in a fast moving startup.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support our production systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related disciplines and 7+ years of experience in front-end developer roles.
- Demonstrated technical capabilities are a must, as are people skills - this position requires an ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Experience working on large scale consumer facing web applications.
- 4+ years of experience with Java/JEE/related technologies
- Experience integrating front-end code with middle-tier systems.
- Current knowledge of developing trends in relevant fields and emerging standards.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Canadian work authorization required.
- Experience with Spring MVC or other Java MVC frameworks
- Experience with modern UI frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap, Angular.js, etc.
- Experience working with 3rd party API's either with JSON or XML.
- Experience with Spring, Tomcat, Jetty, Jersey, JAXB, Guice, etc.
- Well-versed in principles of RESTful API design.